In the last few days i’ve encountered multiple foreign drivers on our roads. Not just caravans, not just people driving their RV, but regular people renting a car to go places. And most of these drivers dont bother to catch up or never found a set of rules and guidance on how to drive on romanian roads.
So here it is:
- keep right. this means that if your GPS tells you you have to make a left in 2 or 5 kilometers, dont post yourself on the left lane and drive 50. you will have plenty of time to get on the right lane. this applies to city streets also.
- if you plan to change course, first signal and the make sure its safe to change lane or direction. most accidents happen because people signal too late.
- if you leave your car outsider of a clear marked parking (P sign or lines on the sidewalk), make sure you leave a phone number in your windshield.
- beware of cars with italian or spanish license plates, they dont know how to drive properly.
- bmw drivers are usually dumb and agressive in their driving, also most SUV drivers.
- if you hear a honk behind you, you are doing something wrong.
See how easy it is?