I took a long trip (3.500km) and i relied on Sygic to help me navigate thru cities, villages and highways in Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Germany. Althought it’s a great tool, Sygic lacks basic functionalities and understanding on what a GPS app should be.
First off, i am going to say that Sygic keeps emailing me about buying the full version of “Europe”, because they can’t see that i have it already. Talked to them via twitter, nothing.
- on a 12km trip from a village to another village, Sygic made it 18km, diverting me to the highway, from one exit to another, 9km, instead of guiding me across two villages.
- in Târgu Mureș, there is a road that avoids the city, but it’s full of villages with 50km/h limit and a lot of tight corners. everybody, and i do mean everybody, ignores this and goes on the normal route.
- on the above route, even after ignoring 2 times what route Sygic wanted me to take, he kept trying to make me to turn back. Waze, on the other hand, after missing the exit 2 times, gets the point.
- entering Debrecen, he directed me into a residential area with 30km/h speed limit, instead of following the usual route, with 50 or 70 speed limit.
- if one street is closed and i try to take another street, Sygic does not care. he will keep trying to guide me to take the street no matter what.