A weird thing happened a few months back: a developer deleted an extension i was using from the Chrome Webstore because he broke up with his girlfriend. Yes, that was a reason.
So that made me think i wanted an extension that will include some of the functionalities i use every day that will not dissaper under stupid reasons. I wanted to be the one with the idea and give it to a developer to do it. I wanted to pay even. After a few unsuccessful attempts, Dorin stepped up and did it (chrome store link).
So, what does it do?
- joins multiple windows into one. if you have tabs opened into multiple windows, clicking the icon will join them into one window.
- joins duplicate links. if you click on a link and a tab with that link is already opened, it joins the two tabs.
- removes URL junk. all that UTM bullshit and more. can add new parameters to clean. more details here.
- opens selected links into tabs.
- opens all linked images from current page (supports gfycat also).
- centers opened image on a configurable background. good for wide monitors.
It’s simple, but it works.